Sunday, May 2, 2010

Top Ten Arcade Games

Being a huge fan of Marvel Comics and Capcom characters, this game was a big deal for me. IceMan Vs. Ryu, Gambit vs. Wolverine! This was a well thought out game, if only we could get Marvel Vs. DC!!!!

I actually won a video game contest at the Fair Grounds when I was in Middle School and Mortal Kombat 2 was one of the games. We had to fight Reptile in the Pit and win. I won. This was such an upgrade from the classic 1st Mortal Kombat and it still kept the things that made it great. Arcades were going crazy over this jont!



X-Men the Arcade Game was a PROBLEM. My mother could leave me in the arcade for hours and if I ran out of quarters I was fine just watching other people play. They had cool characters to choose and very weird random ones too (Dazzler??? why???). The enemies and boss battles were well chosen, and it actually felt like it went with the comic books as opposed to the X-Men Movies that bore the hell out of me.


Revolution X was a great shooter. Before that Area 51 game this was the quarter consumer. It had AeroSmith in it for crying out loud, and if you can't get with that you need to "Walk This Way."


Cruis'N USA was at the time the best racer out! Great levels, Great cars!


Street Fighter II Tournament Edition was crazy. You could finally pick Vega, Sagat and Bison. Plus, the game play was faster and allowed for more ass kickings to be delivered.



Spider-Man The Arcade Game was GREAT, but I'm not sure many remember it or that it was around long. Spider-Man, Black Cat, HawkEye and Namor The SubMarnier (why???) fought some weird faceless guys and a giant Venom for endless rounds. I've never beaten this game nor have I seen the end but I was very entertaining.



Ms. Pac-Man was another endless game. Me and my Pop used to play this on Sunday. It's a simple game about a fat chick who is never satisfied. The ghosts represent the demons that haunt her that make her eat. Sad really.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was just about the greatest game at the time in the world! Foot Soldiers, Shredder, Bebop and Rock Steady!!! It was way better than the 1st TMNT game. It was DEEP! Ninja Rap!

Pop used to take us to Fairlanes Bowling on RT 40 on Sundays and this game was a must play before we left. The Simpsons Game was crazy! Cursing and hitting people with skateboards and vacuum cleaners. It was mayhem at it's best!


A B A B A B Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right Select Start

DRAG







4 comments:

Peat said...

Double Dragon????

PenDragon said...

I only played Double Dragon once in the arcade version and I got in trouble for doing so b/c it was in a laundromat on North and McCullogh and that was way outta how far I shoulda went when I was 7.

Peat said...

lol, but c'mon, the Simpsons game was WACK!!! When I was like 8 or 9 or so, we used to play Double Dragon at this laundromat on Monastery. The older d-boys would put in like $5 worth of quarters and play a lil bit and let us play the rest.

Those were the days!

Anonymous said...

arcade arcade top online 100