Monday, February 4, 2013

The Master




This is an odd very very odd film.  Joaquin Phoenix plays Freddie Quill a Ex-Navy man who is trying to find something to do after the War is over in 1950.  1st off he is bat shit crazy.  He humps on and finger bangs a woman made out of sand that some of his Navy buddies made on the beach.  He beats the shit out of some guy he was taking a picture of for no reason.  I can only guess he had some type of PTSD because of the war, but he later explains that his mother was in a loony bin so who knows.  I can't really say what this movie is about.  It's not really about anything at all.  A man trying to find himself?  I guess.  A man trying to fix someone? I guess.  A buddy film? Hardly.  This film wasn't about a damn thing.  I think you just have to look at it as a chapter in a man's life and that's it.   Joaquin Phoenix gives a GREAT performance of a complete crazy person though so that's something I guess.

Doris Day

DRAG

No comments: